Head of ScienceGhent (Belgium). Welcome to those who are willing to relocate.
Do you want to make history with the development of cheese from microbially obtained protein? Are you interested in Research and Development in the area of proteins, lipids or dairy? Do you know how to take novel food ingredients from applied research to commercialization? Then you may be the new Head of Science!
About Those Vegan CowboysThose Vegan Cowboys work in a biotech facility, close to Ghent University (Belgium). The lab was originally founded in 2008 and has developed its own microbial platforms to express recombinant human proteins for pharmaceutical use. The scientific staff is therefore highly experienced in the field of microbial fermentation. In January 2020, the state-of-the-art lab facilities as well as the employees became Those Vegan Cowboys. The 25 employees of Those Vegan Cowboys are developing new vegan food products with the same (or even better ?) taste as traditional dairy products such as cheese.
Transform research into new product development
- You become the new Head of Food Science, working together with your three colleagues of the other departments (Strain Engineering, Fermentation & Upscaling and Downstream Processing Team) leading the cheese development activities. You collaborate with these different departments from a food and functional perspective.
- You create vegan cheese prototypes and characterize their properties. You manage the experiments, thereby collecting and interpreting data.
- You are the manager of your department currently consisting of 2 employees.
- You cooperate with external researchers, cheese expert consultants and other external partners.
- You contribute to IP generation and you are familiar with novel food regulations.
- As Head of Food Science you report to the Project Director.
Innovative and pragmatic Food Scientist
- Academic Degree in Chemical Engineering, Bio- Engineering, Food Science, Biotechnology or related areas.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in R&D of food proteins, dairy or lipids.
- Solid knowledge of (novel) food ingredients and their functionality.
- Is a plus: hands-on experience with texture analysis, rheology and emulsifications techniques.
- Fluently in English is essential.
- Flexible within a start-up environment.
- Analytical problem- solver.
- A good motivator and team player.
- Willing to take initiative to get projects accomplished.
- Good communication skills.
Working as a Those Vegan Cowboy family member (cheesy but true), means:
- You will have your very own cowboy name.
- You receive a good remuneration package with fringe benefits (including meal vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance) and proud ownership of a share in the company through the personnel participation program. Shared amongst your colleagues, you will own 20% to be exact.
- You have excellent career perspectives in a rapidly growing field of sustainability and health.
- Not only you contribute directly to the company growth but also to a healthy and sustainable world.
Those Vegan Cowboys has outsourced the recruitment and selection for this position exclusively to CeresRecruitment. If you believe you have what it takes to make things happen as Head of Food Science, we would like to hear from you. Do you already want to meet Margaret, world’s first milk giving stainless steel cow? Take a look at https://thosevegancowboys.com/.