Senior Product Coordinator BeansHome Office, working from NL office (Ridderkerk) is compulsory from time to time
Do you have passion for growing fresh vegetables and beans / sugar snaps in specific? Would you like to support the dynamic Farming Team of Van Oers United in realizing year-round availability of fresh products? In this role you will operate (possibly remotely) in The Netherlands and in Africa.
A propos de Van Oers United, delivering excellent produceVan Oers United, part of the Agrial Group, is an internationally operating supplier and producer of fresh vegetables all year round. They supply these products to large international retailers and wholesalers. Van Oers has been active on the European market and beyond for decades. Intensive partnerships with own divisions and associated production companies guarantee the shortest possible chain, which assures optimal freshness. Van Oers United believes that the most important core values in its operational management are: drive, commitment and professionalism. These core values enable them to achieve their mission statement: ‘Delivering Excellent Produce’, every day. They wish to be recognised and acknowledged as the partner of choice in the markets in which they operate. In order to realize future ambitions, Van Oers United needs crop knowledge and experience in beans. New projects require their attention, whereby existing production areas must also be further expanded sustainably.
Matching supply and demand from seed to customer
- Responsible for product planning, product availability through efficient management of the year-round growing program of beans in consultation with the Commercial Manager and the management of the farming entities and partners in Africa.
- Guiding and advising growers from sowing to harvest in order to achieve desired quality and volumes (genetics, crop management, mechanization).
- Planning and assigning the required production volumes and qualities to own divisions and associated production locations to ensure product availability.
- Monitoring developments in the market.
- Analyzing achieved cultivation results, including cost price, yield and product quality in relation to planning and forecasts. Propose improvements to optimize volume and quality of the product.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. growers, breeders, suppliers).
- Reporting to the Farming Manager of Van Oers United.
Team Player with knowledge of growing beans and able to convince people in a cross functional environment
- Bachelor or Master degree in Agri- or Horticulture, Plant Sciences, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 5 year experience in growing beans and or sugar snaps and strong affinity with (inter)national agriculture.
- Working experience in Africa is preferred.
- Experience and pleasure in working in a multidisciplinary field with a diversity of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in English. French is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Having political sensitivity.
- Team player, strategic and pragmatic.
- Open minded, curious and eager to learn.
- Assertive and autonomous.
- Quality conscious with an eye for sustainability.
- Able to convert creativity into suitable solutions.
- No 9-5 mentality and hands-on.
- Stress resistant; performs well under pressure.
A challenging and versatile international role, in which you can make a difference within a growing internationally operating company with an informal working atmosphere. Within Van Oers United (Agrial Group) there are many opportunities to grow further within the various product groups. A competitive salary (in accordance with background and experience) and flexible working hours.
Place of employment
Home Office, working from NL office (Ridderkerk) is compulsory from time to time. Often traveling to Africa.
The recruitment for the Senior Product Coordinator Beans has been exclusively outsourced to CeresRecruitment. Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.vanoersunited.nl. A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.